The Black Lawyer Affinity Group serves as a resource to enhance the Firm's commitment to diversity by creating and fostering an environment of inclusiveness for Black lawyers through active involvement in the firm's recruitment, retention and promotion efforts. The group provides a platform for Black lawyers to cultivate their professional development and build the core competencies necessary to effectively navigate the legal landscape. The Black Lawyer Affinity Group spearheaded an internal "Lunch and Learn" series which strengthened relationships between junior and senior lawyers by creating an informal mentoring environment. In addition, the group actively participates in pro bono projects and Black History Month programming, helping connect Proskauer with the surrounding community.
Events and Sponsorships:
- “Now What? The Aftermath of Ferguson and Eric Garner” Panel Discussion
- “Closing the Achievement Gap: How Do We Lead the Charge?” Panel Discussion
- Harvard Black Law Students Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyer Association
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association