We share a commitment and responsibility with the legal community to ensure that our workforce is developed as early, and with as much support as possible. We are actively engaged in several diversity "pipeline" initiatives which encourage diverse students to consider law as a career and to turn goals into real opportunities. Through established programs, internships, workshops and mentoring opportunities for students at various stages of their academic careers, we are proud to be a constant force for a more diverse future in the field of law.
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) SEO recruits talented college students of color and prepares them for careers in law by providing them with high-level internships and a demanding pre-law school prep course to acclimate them to the law school learning environment. We host interns from the program each summer in our New York office.
- Constitutional Rights Foundation (CRF) CRF is dedicated to educating middle and high school students about the importance of civic participation in society. Our partners are active in several of CFR's programs, including a Mock Trial program, an internship program and in-class lessons and demonstrations that bring various legal topics to life.
- The Bronx School for Law, Government and Justice (LGJ)LGJ is a high school for students interested in pursuing a career in law. Proskauer began a relationship with "LGJ" through the PENCIL Partnership Program which works to inspire the advancement of learning and broaden the scope of education by connecting schools and business leaders. Our programs support this effort and are designed to get students excited about college and the consideration of law school. Our initiatives with LGJ include a mentoring program, Career Day, a resume and interview workshop, a panel presentation by lawyers and staff, an externship program and a Mock Trial team.
- Cristo Rey New York Corporate Work Study Program Since 2006, we have participated in an internship program with Cristo Rey New York High School. Interns from Cristo Rey New York High School work in our office year-round in our Human Resources, Diversity and Records departments. Cristo Rey New York High School is a Catholic, co-ed, college-prep school, part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Cristo Rey serves students from all five boroughs of New York City and lower Westchester County. Most live in the South Bronx, Washington Heights and Harlem. The program provides students with real world job experiences while allowing them to earn a large portion of the cost of their education.
- The Boston Lawyers Group (BLG)We partner with the BLG, an association of law firms and corporations dedicated to developing initiatives for diverse law students. BLG works with law students, student organizations and bar associations in order to promote diverse legal talent in the Boston community
- Practicing Attorneys for Law Students Program, Inc. (PALS) Proskauer supports the PALS program, which mentors law students of color and junior attorneys by providing them with practical advice on resume writing, interviewing and being a successful associate and more.
“There were lots of different workshops and panels, it’s hard to highlight just one! I really enjoyed joining the summer associates’ M&A workshop because the experience was so unique and practical.”
Rashad M., SEO intern and Columbia Law student
“I enjoyed the mock trial workshop, especially cross examining a partner. That was so much fun!”
Joseph D., SEO intern and Harvard Law student