The critical action items for litigation involving portfolio companies.
Proskauer asset management litigation partners Tim Mungovan, Jonathan Weiss and Mike Hackett, and private funds partner Monica Arora will lead an interactive discussion tackling key considerations in responding to litigation claims arising out of portfolio companies, including where the fund sponsor has a board designee. We will discuss steps to take in the initial stages - from triaging over the first 24-72 hours through the first 6 months of a litigation. We will also discuss steps you should take now before litigation arises, both to forestall litigation and, where litigation is unavoidable, to position yourself for success.
Topics will include:
- Evaluating representation arrangements and coordinating defense teams
- Navigating and satisfying document preservation obligations
- Creating and protecting privileges
- Insurance coverage and indemnities – at the portfolio company and at the fund level
- Managing communications, including crisis communications and communications with LPs
- Protecting the interests of the fund and investors
- Developing a legal strategy - factors to consider
- Preparing to succeed before litigation arises
Wednesday, October 7
12:00 p.m. ET
Who Should Attend
Sponsors of private investment funds.
About the Series
The Bottom Line webinar series will address an array of business topics and offer legal analysis for asset managers, providing you bottom line considerations for your business. These interactive discussions will include presentations by the Proskauer team and a live Q&A with questions from attendees.